These forums are an Archive of the Live Forums at biodieseldiscussion.com on 11/26/2008.
These Archive Forums are read only. New registrations and posts are not allowed. To participate in live forums go Here

Go Back   Biodiesel & SVO Discussion Forums Archive - Live Forums at biodieseldiscussion.com > Biodiesel > Dry Washing Biodiesel

Dry Washing Biodiesel Description

Old 11-15-2008, 05:31 PM

I am starting to make the filters and was thinking of doing the electrostatic separation method also .If you are doing this what are you using for a power supply?
89 Ford F350 4x4 CC Repowered with 1997 5.9 cumins,100 fuel plate boost fooler set at 30psi.home built wvo set up.1987 300SDL Bio and wvo totaled by 06 Chevy truck on 5 26 06. 1999 E300td running bio, Black ext,gray int 36mpg at 70mph
Old 11-26-2008, 10:01 PM

What are you trying to settle? Glycerin and/or wash water settles rapidly in an electrostatic field. Soap won't consistently settle this way.

I use a 1 mA 10 KV scientific supply I bought on ebay. 1mA really isn't enough, but it's good to learn with. 10 mA should be enough and still reasonably safe. You don't want to go higher than that unless a) you really know what you're doing b) you take all the appropriate safety precautions. It's too easy to just grab the hot lead when you don't mean to.

-- David