These forums are an Archive of the Live Forums at biodieseldiscussion.com on 11/26/2008.
These Archive Forums are read only. New registrations and posts are not allowed. To participate in live forums go Here

Go Back   Biodiesel & SVO Discussion Forums Archive - Live Forums at biodieseldiscussion.com > Connections > More Biodiesel Connections

More Biodiesel Connections Description

Old 11-16-2008, 11:36 PM

I've sourced the temp meter and probe on ebay but have not made any headway with the flow regulator. I've also sourced a methanol grade barrel pump for 35 stg. which although dearer than the standard rotary pump sounds good value if it's as good as the seller claims.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM

I have been using the plastic 10" filter housing for about 8 months,I pump the bio through them with a central heating pump on low setting.
Imakebiodiesel I got the attachment thank you,will try and source seals,did you post a copy of your revenue statement?Very grateful for all the help.
vino
Old 11-18-2008, 10:37 AM

Thanks for your encouraging comments, crazyhorse. Ive sourced a possible flow indicator on ebay Item number: 170278058801 . its used by the food and drinks industry so it would need a bit of testing to make sure it was methoxide proof. Im ordering one and will let you know. if you are ordering one get the one with 3/8" tails.
I sent vino a copy of the translated italian instruction sheet for the Riello biodiesel kit. It has all of the part numbers for the individual seals o rings and hoses. Ill email you one. I presume you could order them from Warmflow in Lisburn and save your self the price of the replacement pump. The other possibility is to strip your own pump and take the seals to a hydraulics spares supplier and buy the nearest matches. Im suggesting this to crazyhorse because I know he is a qualified boiler engineer. I wouldnt recommend that a novice try stripping a pump and rebuilding it. Perhaps there is a small business in this for you crazyhorse. Biodiesel users could send you their pumps to be refitted with viton seals. Riello's price of 185 gbp plus vat is a real rip off, there is bound to be a good profit in doing it for less. Check out www.biodieselburners.co.uk
Vino it sounds like your filter unit had a manufacturing fault. There is no way the central heating pump could damage the housing even at the highest pressure setting. Ill email you a copy of my latest tax statement, you should get it today.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 PM

Hello imakebiodiesel and all you other bio heads. I've tried that part no. on ebay John and am not getting anything back on it. I did a bit of searching myself and came across what looks like a suitable chemical ready flowmeter from Primary Flowpoints Ltd. in Walsall www.flowpoints.co.uk/va.htm It's the dfm 165 series and is available in various sizes. Best of all you can set the flow rate on it, ie lts. per hour. I havent got a price on it but I,m going to ring them tomorrow and find out. Can you forward me with details of where you got your mat heater for your wash tank as I can't find anyone that does them also when you're at it can you forward details of that guy n Texas that sells them Alaska heaters. I'm going to pull an old oil pump apart tomorrow and bring the seals to mjy local hydraulic hose man, he may have a box of assorted size viton seals.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 PM

Hello again, John I've come accross this thermometer on ebay part no. 110313938648. Its black and looks like the one on your processor, I think they send out the probe with it but its not very clear whether they do or not. I cant ask the seller bcause I had a dispute with ebay and they,ve blocked my account over me ordering stuff and not following through with payment. I cant seem to be able to get through to them that it was all because I couldnt remember my pay pal password and the order couldnt go through. Anyway can you confirm that this is the one you are using, its very cheap and only £1.50 postage from Hong Kong. Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 AM

Thats the right thermometer and it does come with a K type probe, you can buy spare probes in a Maplin shop for about 5 euro. The flow indicators from flowpoint look good but I bet they will be very expensive. A search on ebay under " flow indicators" will show this one Ive found. Its meant for alcohol and might work well. It costs abour 7 gbp plus 1.5o postage.
Search under "alaska heater" on ebay and it will show James Auberrys items under international sales. I have attached a pic of my lard burning stove. Follow the link to More Images to see how it is constructed.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM

The 250 watt mat heater is available from Radionics in Dublin either over the counter or online. The web address and the catalogue number of the heater is on the disc.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Try IDEAL in dublin for mat heater,they do one approx 500*300 self adhesive about 300W.price around 60euro+vat.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:39 PM

Thanks lads, I'm following up on these already. Was on to Central Chemicals in Northern Ireland today and they have very good prices on Potassium 35 stg per 25kg bag and Methanol 100 stg. per 205 lt drum. They also deliver down south to certain places about once a week. Their phone no. from the south is 04838881936. Ask for Des.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:23 AM

Crazyhorse
When you go to make your processor’ make sure if you are using a oil barrel’ that its not painted in the inside
If it is’ it will break your hart’ paint will start pealing off’ in little bits’ and get stuck in the pump’ I an speaking fro m experience here
Put in as many valves as you might think you need’ it’s better to be looking at them’ than looking for them
Did the déice give you some bio’ for the trip home’ did you find any difference while driving
The biscuits’ were nice though’ almost worth another tripe down
Old 11-23-2008, 09:59 PM

Thats a good tip copper12, I would'nt have thought of that myself and I have never heard of anyone else mentioning it. I'm hopeful of getting a delivery of koh and meth on Tuesday so it will be all go from there. Also hoping to get an alaska heater from the states and convert my waterford erin solid fuel non boiler stove to run on bio. So much to do and so little time, lovin this, great craic.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Just be careful you don’t turn out like the other felly
A remote control to turn on the light in a tent in a shed did you ever hear the likes of it
Chickens falling around the place drunk
In fairness he make it look easy fairplay to him
Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 PM

Got my delivery of koh today, 100 kg's. Anyone out there need some I can let them have a bag or two to get them started. I also have caustic if anyone is interested. Ring me on 0872888750 for prices. Will not deliver, Collect only.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:20 PM

Now that you are using KOH you may want to set up a methanol recovery still to get back some of your methanol. I know you have your hands full at the moment so if you dont want to I can take your glycerol for recycling free of charge. All I ask is that it is KOH glycerol, stored in sealed 20litre cubies, I will pick up a minimum quantity 10.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Copper, the same offer applies to you if you are interested.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 PM

With the type of rubbish that I make bio diesel with; I need all the help I can get; so I will be taking your buddies advise ewardob and using it’ to help me remove water’ and try and lower the titration’ thanks for the offer.
Just made my first bath using KOH
I must say it is easer to work with just have to get the hang of it
I have found out that; it is mush easer to break an emulsions with koh glycerol; than with Naoh glycerol.
I had an emulsion I hadn’t an emulsion I had an emulsion jaysus I didn’t know what was happing
Old 11-26-2008, 10:04 PM

OK John, thanks for the offer. Dont know what I'm doing yet as I'm so busy with work havent had the time to finish my processor yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some free time and take it a stage further. It will most likely be a couple of weeks b4 I get into full production. Glad to see copper12 getting on well with his koh, so long Naoh, no regrets. I have about 70 kgs. of it if anyone interested going cheap. Ring me on 0872888750.