These forums are an Archive of the Live Forums at biodieseldiscussion.com on 11/26/2008.
These Archive Forums are read only. New registrations and posts are not allowed. To participate in live forums go Here

Go Back   Biodiesel & SVO Discussion Forums Archive - Live Forums at biodieseldiscussion.com > More Renewable Energy > Renewable Energy Links

Renewable Energy Links Description

Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 PM

I found these diesel lister petters at http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Co...product/247301

they have one 1800rpm output shaft and one 3600rpm output shaft, both 1". They are $750 each, seems like a good deal. I don't know anything else about them, but it seems like they would work well as a genset...
Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Lister or Listeroids are great for gensets. Their long stroke and low operating speeds make them ideal for small genset applications.

With a dose of Motorsilk in the crankcase and biodiesel, they'll run forever.

To cool them, all that's required is a thermal siphon to like a 55 gallon drum of water. Great engines, as unbreakable as a lump of steel will ever get.
Hypermax Turbo, C6 Automatic with shift kit, cowl induction (intercooler on the list), Frantz oil cleaner, Synthetics in diffs, transmission and transfer case. Gear Vendors overdrive installed. Mobil D
Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 AM

I am new to the biodiesel scene, but I keep hearing about lister diesels. Will one run on biodiesel and waste vegetable oil? If yes to the oil, what processing does it require for use (if any)?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 06:08 AM

Yes they will run on straight veg oil with very little conversion. The oil needs to be filtered clean and heated. I ran my 6 hp 600 rpm Listeroid all winter on WVO. For the most part it was great but after 4 days or so if I didnt have a heavy enough load on it I would get carbon build up.I would spray about a liter of water in the intake and that would clean it up to go again.I'm now using Biofuel in it as I am making it for my diesel service truck anyway.
I would go for the low rpm ones6-800 rpm is nice. I have a 12 hp 2cyl air cooled Lister that runs at 1800 rpm, I ran it last summer on 75% wvo and 25%diesel. It ran great too, but I like the slow 600rpm and the clackity clak of the external lifters.. music to the ears.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by offgridbrandon:
I am new to the biodiesel scene, but I keep hearing about lister diesels. Will one run on biodiesel and waste vegetable oil? If yes to the oil, what processing does it require for use (if any)?

Thanks
Offgrid look on google for listeroid 6/1 by Aaron. You will see the first few runs of my new engine all on bio-diesel. It has never had dino diesel in it.

They will run on just about anything! Mine is an IDI engine.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:33 AM

The ones in the link I put at the top of this thread are down to $600 each.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:48 AM

The diesels on your link are not the heavy slow speed listers. I have one and it is mounted on an airplane heater, a small two axel trailer mounted affair. I understand they are good little motors but are not in the same league as the big heavy ones.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:07 PM

I know they aren't the big heavy slow speed ones...do you happen to know what speed the lister-petters run at? They have an output shaft that turns at 1800 and one at 360, but I didn't know if the 3600 was geared up or if the 1800 was geared down...
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by B.K. Hosken:
I know they aren't the big heavy slow speed ones...do you happen to know what speed the lister-petters run at? They have an output shaft that turns at 1800 and one at 360, but I didn't know if the 3600 was geared up or if the 1800 was geared down...
Write an email to www.Utterpower.com he very likely will be able to answer your question!

"Winners never quit and LOOSERS never win !!!"

Old 07-20-2008, 01:31 PM

If anyone is looking for them, I import and sell new Indian built Lister clones - 6 1/2 @ 650 rpm and 10hp @1000 rpm. I use these engines for power generation and have been off-grid for 2 years now. I have one 6/1 with around 20,000 hours on it, still runs like a top and has always run on WVO. My second 6/1, the "youngster" has only 12,000 hours.

Now to the not-so-good part - prices have been and are going up for scrap iron in India, so the engines are no longer as cheap as they once were. Mine go for $1395 and have several significant improvements. There are cheaper units out there but you need to be careful of quality - some are just junk.

I'm in Canada, but can put you on to my associate in the U.S. if needed.